Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hawaii you are now much further away :-(

In a few days will mark my wife and I's 3rd wedding anniversary. My hope was by that time I would have roughly 75% of the travel (airfare + lodging) saved up for our return to Hawaii trip to renew our vowels in 2015. As life always does, it presents you with a challenge and we have to adjust, adapt and prioritize. Without going into too much detail, I come to the realization that we normally forget the cost of maintaining our cars as an expense we need to account for each and every pay check, especially we you have 3 cars and three drivers. When I initially started saving, I was somewhat keeping up with the expenses for only one car. With each of the cars needing semi-major repairs (tune ups, exhaust work, tires, ect.), I had to do into my saving for the trip to cover the cost of the repairs because I did not want to max out the credit card we are attempting to pay off. Instead of being 75% saved by the target date of 06/22/2013, I am pretty much starting from scratch. At this point I will be attempting to be frugal when necessary and attempt to double my saving efforts between now and the end of 2014 to get back to the funds needed to make it. I know it will be really tough, but I think I can still make it happen. I'm planning for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment